- Basic Awareness of Domestic Abuse
- ‘Asking the Question’
- Domestic Abuse, Stalking and Honour Based Violence, Risk Indicator Checklist (DASH)
- Safety Planning
To increase the number of professionals in Warrington who are competent in:-
- Identifying domestic abuse
- Asking the question where they suspect domestic abuse
- Responding appropriately
- Completing the Domestic Abuse, Stalking and Honour Based Violence (DASH) Risk Identification Checklist a common checklist for identifying and assessing risk of domestic abuse
- Providing safe and effective support which saves lives
By the end of the course participants will have:- ? explored what constitutes significant harm and be able to recognise signs and symptoms ? understood the legal & organisational context in which they work and the procedures that need to be followed ? considered their own role and that of different agencies in the safeguarding process and the importance of working together
Booking only accepted online though this system: please note that although this course is provided free of charge, there is a £25 fee for late cancellation (less than 7 days before the course date) or none attendance. Please note that if you attend this course, the expectation is that phones will be on silent and all electronic devices will be out of sight apart from during breaks/lunchtime.
Refreshments will be provided but you will need to bring your own lunch.
Professionals who may come into contact with victims of domestic abuse, in key statutory agencies and the voluntary & private sector